UNIBE FACTS AT A GLANCE
• Private, non-profit university located in the Dominican Republic.
• Founded in 1982 by Dr. Jorge Abraham Hazoury Bahlés.
• The Main Campus is located in the heart of Santo Domingo and the second campus, Cap Cana, is located in La Altagracia,
on the east side of the island.
• 16 undergraduate degree programs in Health Sciences, Social Sciences, Engineering, Law, Education and Arts.
• 4 undergraduate dual degree programs with Groupe Sup de Co Montpellier (France), Florida International University (USA)
and Associate Degrees with Valencia College, Florida (USA).
• 26 graduate programs and several continuing education certificate programs and diplomas.
• 5 graduate dual degree programs with Florida International University (USA), University of Salamanca (Spain) and
Universidad Antonio de Nebrija (Spain).
• 3 programs offered entirely in English (Medical School, Bachelor in Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Civil
• Student body of 5,000 students.
• Over 25 % of the student body is international, from more than 46 countries.
• 900 faculty members at undergraduate and graduate level.
• Student/Faculty ratio of 6:1 ensuring personalized attention for all students.
• 12,187 alumni graduated from our institution. 3,659 of them are international students.
• More than 100 affiliated institutions in 20 countries.
• UNIBE School of Medicine is listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED) within the Educational
Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
• UNIBE School of Medicine is licensed by the Florida Commission for Independent Education since 2009. Further
information regarding this institution may be obtained by contacting the Commission at 325 W. Gaines Street, Suite 1414,
Tallahassee, Florida, 32399-0400, toll-free (888) 224-6684.
• UNIBE students are eligible to receive Federal Funds and Financial Aid.
• The Study Abroad Program gives students the opportunity to visit more than 40 universities in 16 countries and receives
exchange students from all over the globe.