Official TOEFL Scores must be submitted to FIU along with the rest of the documentation and application.
TOEFL scores (minimum score 550 paper-based, or 213 computer-based, or 80 internet-based), or IELTS minimum 6.5.
(When requesting that official scores be submitted, please refer to the Florida International University Institutional code 5206.)
For more information about ETS TOEFL, please follow the link below:
How to register for the TOEFL IBT/ PBT?
- By phone
- Via mail
- In person at a TOEFL resource centers with local currency
- Instituto Cultural Dominico Americano http://www.icda.edu.do/english/index.asp Santo Domingo DI Code: 0224
- Universidad Iberoamericana http://www.unibe.edu.do/ Santo Domingo DI Code: 4429
Test Locations, Dates and Fees
The list below shows testing cities and fees as of February 04, 2016, but availability may change when you register. Fees are shown in US$ and are subject to change without notice.
Kaplan Certified Provider at UNIBE
It prepares students for the TOEFL, GMAT, SATS, GRE tests.
Kaplan’s TOEFL course is eight weeks long. Students spend between 22 hours and 26 hours per week studying to effectively complete this course.
Take a FREE TOEFL Practice Test!
Find out how you would score! Take our free practice test to get an accurate idea of how you would score on test day.
FAFSA Loan Description
The FAFSA loans are US federal government loans at an invariable and steady interest rate, destined to part time and full time students. They are not based on any credit information and they are tax deductible. Flexible payments installments and make no payments for a period of 6 months. A maximum of 10 years will be given to you to pay.
If you are US citizen or a US legal resident, you are eligible for FAFSA Student Loan.
Just fill your online FAFSA application by clicking on www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Click on “ Fill Application”
- Simple, just follow the rest of the instructions
Pass by the Economic assistance department at UNIBE where you must complete the following:
- Personal interview
- Master Payment
- Application sheet and procedure
- Copy of social security
- For September enrollment / Must turn documents in by July 30th
- For January enrollment / must turn documents in by November 30th
- For May enrollment / must turn documents in by March 30th
For more information, please contact:
Ave. Francia # 129, edif. FR1, Gazcue, Santo Domingo
809 689-4111 ext. 1121/122/1124
Masters and PHD financial aid loan Requirements
- Fill out the loan application from FUNDAPEC (application sheet available in FUNDAPEC office)
- Include a 2x2 picture
- Official bachelor’s degree transcript. Must have at least overall GPA of 75 pts.
- Passport or electors ID photo copy
- Must hand in a Course curriculum of the program to be aid with FUNDAPEC financial loan
- Employment letter, stating monthly gross income and as of proof of employment.
- RD $ 500 application fee is required
For loans up to RD$ 350,000.00
A co-signer and a guarantor are required. They must have an income that relates the amount soliciting
For Loans from RD$ 350,000 up to RD$ 700,000
A co-signer and two guarantors are required. The co-signer and guarantors must have incomes that relate amount soliciting. Once the loan is approved, it must be paid a 2.5 % of the amount approved regarding closure costs and contract preparation.
For more information, please contact FUNDAPEC:
Santo Domingo, República Dominicana:
Av. Bolívar, Esq. Socorro Sánchez, Gazcue.
Local L & M
Tel.:(809) 583-6831 Tel.: (809) 689-4171 / 75, Fax:(809) 686-7541
Santiago, República Dominicana:
Av. Estrella Sadhalá, Plaza El Portal,