Admission to the graduate program is competitive. Students are required to have a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or a closely related field, such as architecture or industrial engineering. It is required that the student have an undergraduate grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better in their major field. For consideration on a case-by-case basis, applicants who who do not meet the GPA requirements are strongly advised to submit other relevant documents such as the GRE score, publications, and work-experience.
Application Checklist and Document Submission
For an appropriate application procedure, students are encouraged to follow the General Application Checklist:
Professional MSCM program application for admission: Go to http://gradschool.fiu.edu/admissions.html and check on "apply online." Then click on the link to "Masters Program Application." On the right hand side of the page, you will see an icon that says "User Login." If you do not have a PIN, please click the icon just below the "User Login" that reads "Create Account." Please note your PIN and password for future use. After it is created, use your account (ID and PIN) to enter the system to complete the application. It takes approximately 15 minutes to complete the application. You may complete the online application without entering your GRE/TOEFL scores, statement of purpose, and recommendation letters. These documents may be submitted later via mail.
- Application fee: $30. Most major credit cards are accepted. Checks or money orders should be made payable to Florida International University.
- A 4-year Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with a minimum of "B" average in the upper-level (the last 60 credit hours). The applicant whose GPA does not meet the minimum GPA requirement may be considered for conditional admission.
- An official transcript of each previously attended university (undergraduate and graduate) in an envelope sealed by the degree-granting institution.
- If an official transcript is not in English, the applicant must obtain two sets of transcripts: one to be submitted to FIU in the original language and the other to be translated by an official translation agency (or certified translator).
- Official proof of degree: a notarized copy of the original diploma is required if the degree is not posted on the official transcripts.
- Official TOEFL (minimum score 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, or 80 internet-based). The IELTS minimum score is 6.5. It is a requirement for students who attended/graduated universities in non-English speaking countries. Florida International University Institutional code is 5206.
- Official GRE score (of 1000 or better). It is not required of applicants who meet the minimum GPA requirement. Florida International University Institutional code is 5206.
All application forms and documentations will be sent via UNIBE's Graduate School. The application documents will be received in EGRU Graduate School, Av. Francia 129, Gazcue. Documents will be sent directly to Florida International University, Graduate Admissions Office, P.O. Box 659004, Miami, FL 33265-9004 USA.
Specific contacts will be made through Jhael Isa, program coordinator, and Sugeldy Margarita Sanchez, Program Assistant, at the following contact information:
For further information, please contact:
Universidad Iberoamericana. UNIBE
Ave. Francia # 129, Santo Domingo, RD
Tel: 809-689-4111, Ext. 2087, 2008